Sunday, August 5, 2012

Barely There

He doesn't really know how to use a pair of chopsticks so I taught him. While he was busy concentrating on picking up the small grains of rice from his bowl, I was busy denying how perfect every moment with him is and convincing myself that all of this is unreal because I can't believe that the person whom I just talk to on twitter and is miles away is having dinner with me. Never did it cross my mind that the gap between us would be so much closer.

We were sitting outside under the bright moonlight sippin' our expensive juice that went a trip around a blender...
Ako: "Alam mo kung bakit walang stars sa langit?."
Siya: "Bakit?"
Ako: "Kasi lahat nasa mga mata mo."
Siya: "Ay... wag ka ngang ganyan."
He couldn't help but smile. The banat was effin' corny and the timing was unexpected yet perfect.

We both have our own stories to share. Similar heartaches, almost the same attitude toward love. The mere thought of him makes my heart skip a beat. Funny, I just remembered a person who told me the same thing. Well anyway, he is such a character. It all started as a joke then we became online friends. I love how we would just talk about anything and make the conversation very interesting. He is very smart but just like me, when it comes to love, books can only do so much and we always get consumed.

He never liked any of my FB status, Instagram pictures and if he would tweet me anything that might be thought of as something intriguing, he would delete it. He doesn't want me to tag him or mention in twitter that we are together when we go out and  he doesn't know that I know exactly why. One time when we were together, his ex called him up and ate a bulk of our time. He was physically with me but his heart was left with someone else but that didn't matter to me at all. I am just happy that I am with him. The kind of joy that you don't get when you are with family or friends.

I feel him when he is lonely, i know exactly what he's going through and it sucks coz I was not there when he needed someone. Worse, I am not sure if he even wants me there so the last time we were together, I gave him a box tied with paper strings and a mirror.

Ako: "Buksan mo lang 'to kapag malungkot ka."
Siya: "Ganun? Okay..."

I looked at him and smiled. The box actually contains an encouraging quote and a piece of paper with instructions that goes something like this: Place the mirror in front of you then smile. What you see right now is the most precious thing on Earth.

A week passed and the day that I feared the most, came. I don't know what happened but he somewhat grew cold to me. I realized that I assumed and what I was thinking was the opposite. I know he just came from a breakup and I thought he is developing new feelings for me but that's not what's happening.

I got jealous of the guy he loved before.
Ako: "You must really love him huh..."
Siya: "Yes I do... before."

Yeah, it made me sad but I had no regrets. Everything was worth it. I never thought I actually needed the box I gave him. I a not mad at him though, probably it's not me and probably it's not him. I might not know the reason why... and I don't think I have to know. Honestly, I am happy right now.

He made me believe in fairy tales again but he added reality to it - not all fairy tales have a happy ending.

I will always respect his decision and I will always be here for him when he needs me.
And with that, sing with me Araneta~!
http://khu.sh/usersong_4fd31d497f603 <<< Click here for this post's theme song

0 comments:

Post a Comment