Friday, November 2, 2012

Grandpa Says Goodbye

He was on stage, surrounded by lights...
...the life of the party as always. Grandpa is one of the people who always cracks jokes and makes the whole clan laugh every family reunion. He always comes up with gimmicks that everyone finds entertaining.

He was on stage, surrounded by lights...
...but this time, he made everyone grieve.

He was on stage, surrounded by lights...
...lifeless.



"Patay na siya?"
My 3-year old nephew asked me when I lifted him up grandpa's coffin. I need to make a response because silence will only be more deafening but I have to be sensitive for close relatives were there.
"Yes pero nasa heaven na siya."

The day before that, the redeemers took grandpa from our home in Navotas, where his deathbed was, to the morgue. It was a very awful sight for me. I didn't want to cry but the sight of mom breaking down was unbearable.

"Be strong. For your mom narin." Tita said.
Death is inevitable... it is a part of life but that day was the day when I feared death the most. Reality will feel much more real as it happens. We should prepare for our passing but it shouldn't affect our lives to the point of not enjoying being alive. The whole thing just scared me and made me think about the day when I will be quitting this Earth.

All of my grandparents on both sides (mom and dad) are already with the Father. Probably it is also fitting to say that I should be happy for them because thy are already in a place where worldly suffering doesn't exist. Probably all of my four grandparents are enjoying lechon in heaven without worrying about their blood pressure. Yeah, I'm happy for them.

Prayers and lots of love. Thank you for everything, my dear grandparents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment